Sunday 13 January 2013

A Quilting Kind of Weekend

I've spent quite a bit of time in my sewing room over the past few weekends.  Two new quilts tops are products of the quality time with my sewing machine.

This one is made from a Moda Honeybun.  (A Honeybun is like a Jellyroll, with strips that are a bit thinner.)  I love the vintage looking fabrics.  I've been inspired by some fun new quilting books and really wanted to add lots of white to these fabrics.



The Salt Air Jelly Roll (also from Moda) has been sitting in my sewing room since Summer.  I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it, so I did nothing.


A few weeks ago I decided to use the Jellyroll in my favorite "go-to" quilt pattern.  I love colorwash quilts, and I'm loving the way this one turned out.


Happy quilting!
Posted by Picasa