Tuesday 4 December 2012

How To Get Nice Even Layers in a Cake

I can't believe I forgot to tell you about my new favorite tool, when it comes to cake baking!  I received an email a few days ago, from a friend who wanted to know if the layers in my rainbow cake were cut or just baked as really thin layers.  Well, the answer to that is BOTH!


I baked six layers, in six separate cake pans, but I also used a fun tool.  The wire on the cutting tool is adjustable and it makes perfectly even layers.  For years, I've always used a knife and trimmed the cake layers, but this is a brilliant invention!  I'm sure I'm the last person on Earth who has discovered this, but I think it's pretty cool.  After the cake is cool, you just saw off the top of the cake layer.



I don't think the kids at the party could really appreciate the perfectly even layers, but I'm sure it made the cake taste better.


Happy baking!
Posted by Picasa