Sunday 2 December 2012

Hot Cocoa Station

My BFF, Laura at Finding Home, (I may just be stalking her) posted her hot chocolate station last week.  While we have a hot cocoa station set up in the kitchen, mine did not look as cute as Laura's.  So, I cutesy-fied it!



Hot chocolate, marshmallows, sprinkles, and candy canes make a perfect set up.  I didn't have a cute antique tray, like my BFF, but I did have a pretty silver platter that my Mother-In-Law gave me.  The Christmas tree mugs were from my Sister-In-Law.

I don't know about your family, but my kids make hot cocoa just about every day in the winter.  I think a pretty set up, rather than the the plastic containers that these items are sold in, is much more inviting and makes hot cocoa seem like a special tradition.  (Pssst.... the mugs only hold about 6 ounces, rather than the 12 ounce cups they normally use.  Don't tell the kids!)

Do you have a hot cocoa station in your kitchen?  Send me a picture.  I'd love to see it.

homeiswheremystorybegins@gmail.com

Happy cocoa making!
Posted by Picasa